Job Description – Project Manager Construction
Salary: $87,000 to $95,000 Annually (plus commission)
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Job Type: Full-time
Location(s): Jacksonville, FL
Automotive Development Group, Inc. is an industry leader in Sales, Service, Installation and Inspection of automotive service equipment such as automotive lifts, fluid distribution systems, compressed air systems, etc. Automotive Development Group takes pride in delivering and maintaining a quality turnkey Automotive Service Shop Facility to dealerships, repair shops and tire stores. Automotive Development Group, is looking for a candidate possessing excellent communication, time management, organizational, and customer relation skills. A review will be completed after 90 days with possible raise.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating construction projects for the Mid-West United States Establishing timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to GCs, and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position.
- Manage assigned projects from cradle to grave
- Be accountable for project results
- Work with project GCs and principle owners to complete project by outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Complete task analysis to determine the anticipated profitability of each project function and hold crews to that expectation.
- Provide project schedules to identify when each task will be performed.
- Determine if subcontractors will be required to complete the plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate resources.
- Work with Procurement Dept. to order and schedule equipment delivery for each project.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide a weekly and monthly recap to GCs/Owner Principles and senior management every Friday.
- Set daily and/or weekly stretch goals for Construction Crew members. Track results and determine bonus eligibility for each tech.
- Responsible for timeclock accuracy and timely submission of Construction Crew members for payroll processing.
- Resolve any issues throughout the project life cycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Ensure that all ADG project processes are followed throughout the life cycle of every project.
- Conduct Weekly Safety meetings with Construction Crews
- Provide weekly updates during Construction Management meetings.
- Conduct a weekly Sales/Construction meeting to go over project status and questions.
- Set up project team members (e.g. Architects, GCs, Principle Agents and other disciplines as needed) on respective Buildertrend folder.
- Continually identify and recruit subcontractors throughout the country in order to effectively expand our footprint.
- Ensure all projects have executed POs prior to initializing work flow.
- Verify invoicing matches POs and signed change orders on a monthly basis.
- In addition to salary, employee may earn bonus on per project basis, a Bi-Weekly cell phone allowance and vehicle allowance.
- Computer: MS Office Suite, Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, Quickbooks and Buildertrend preferred
- Project Management: Scope Development, Budgeting, Scheduling, Forecasting, Resource Planning, Time Management, Job P&L
- Planning/Design: Conceptualization/Brainstorming, Roll-out Management, Elevations, Site Plans, Space Planning
- 1-5 years of project management experience. Construction management preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred
- Travel: 20-50%, day trips to respective job sites and some overnight trips.
Salary Career Level Required Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff) Experience Required 2+ to 5 Years Education Required Bachelor’s Degree Job Type Employee Job Status Full Time
Review after 90 days may result in increase in pay.
Employee Package Includes:
- Paid Vacation and 9 Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance with 50% company contribution toward selected coverage including family plans. Multiple plans through Blue Cross Blue Sheild HMO and PPO plans to choose from
- $100K Life & AD&D Insurance paid 100% by company
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability paid 100% by company
- Phone & Car Allowance paid each pay period
Voluntary benefits offered at employee’s expense
- Additional Life Insurance for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Many other optional benefit plans available
All benefits have a 30-day waiting period
401K with company match up to 4% of employee contribution with eligibility after 1 year of employment
Automotive Development Group where our goal is to provide equipment solutions to the Fixed Operations challenges of today.
Our company takes pride in providing and maintaining a quality turnkey Automotive Service Shop to dealerships, repair facilities and tire shops. Come be a part of a growing and respected company in our industry!
Please share this job if you know someone that would be a great fit for our team!